AreYouBored?!?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AreYouBored?!?

Together we can eliminate boredom!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

HTML Basics Tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adam
Adam
Admin

HTML Basics Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: HTML Basics Tutorial   HTML Basics Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hello! So you must have clicked this link to begin learning HTML so we'll run through the basics.

HTML is the base language for writing websites. It is very easy to use and understand but it's very basic. A combination of HTML and CSS will get you an amazing looking website in no time!

HTML can be written in any text editor, like Notepad for example. All you have to do is write up the code and then save it as a .html file. It couldn't be easier. Although I wouldn't recommend using Notepad as it's all black and white and when writing lines and lines of code you need something more. I recommend downloading Notepad++, it's used by programmers and web developers worldwide. And it has Syntax Highlighting. It can be downloaded for free so just go ahead and Google it.

Right, lets get to it. All HTML pages you write will have a basic structure. This is...

Code:
<html>

<head>
</head>

<body>
</body>

</html>

The HTML tags state where the site begins and ends.
The HEAD tags is simply information in the head of the website, e.g links to CSS, and the websites title which appears in the tab of the internet browser.
The BODY tags are where you will put all the site content, so headers, images etc.

Simple. I will be uploading more advanced tutorials soon so keep updated!
Back to top Go down
https://areyoubored.board-directory.net

HTML Basics Tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AreYouBored?!? :: Web Development :: HTML and XHTML-